Wednesday, August 22, 2012

If I had a hundred dollars...

 

So a few posts ago I mentioned the small school that has opened in our hospital that was created to help children continue their education while hospitalized. Unfortunately, they are under funded and the teacher was easily able to give me a list of things that they could use.

 

Enter an anonymous friend and colleague of my mom's who generously donated $100 for me to buy art and school supplies for the children. Let me tell you... $100 goes a LONG way here.

How long?
  1.  4 boxes of Legos
  2. 3 story books
  3. 20 boxes of crayons
  4. 5 boxes of jumbo crayons
  5. 12 coloring books
  6. 10 word match games
  7. 4 abicuses
  8. 5 water color sets
  9. 4 paint brush sets
  10. 2 stencil kits with letters and shapes
  11. 10 packages of modeling clay
  12. 9 boxes of colored pencils
  13. 3 reading/writing books for basic reading skills

 I am beyond grateful for this amazing contribution and cannot wait to get it to the hospital tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment