Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If you give a kid an iPod...


He´s going to take some pictures. This is my amazingly wonderful patient who is admitted for IV antiviral medications to treat CMV - a viral infection that is common for most of us but hard for this guy because he has HIV. This infection has left him mostly deaf but we´ve been having a lot of fun anyway.

This week I`ve been teaching him to play solitaire and we´ve spent quite a lot of time on coloring books. Needless to say, the ID service has been a bit slow this week.

What has been amazing to me was how fast my patient picked up on the iPod after NEVER having seen one. It´s the total opposite of the toddlers we see in the US who are trying to swipe books to get them to act like iPads. It`s nice to see what kids are like without the technology distractions and I am giving him no more than 1 hour of `screen time`per day.

Today he has been making jewelry with his great aunt and I am the proud owner of some awesome earrings that I will never take off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment