Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wish List

For my final days in Nicaragua I am running around trying to fulfill the wishes of the amazing people Ive worked with at the hospital. The head of nursing for pediatrics gave me a wishlist, which I was able to fulfill using money graciously donated by an anonymous donor and a member of one of the church brigades. So far I was asked for
  1. An electric double burner to boil water (This purchase has answer my mother´s constant question "How do you have a hospital if there is no hot water?!")
  2. Pots to boil said water
  3. Standing fans to keep the patients cool
  4. Pitchers of water to store boiled water
The residents will give me a list this afternoon. I am amazed at the simplicity of these requests and so happy to be able to provide these small conveniences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment